Equivalent fractions for 14/6
Use this calculator to find equivalent fractions to any given input. You may have reached us looking for answers to questions like: Equivalent fractions for 14/6 or How to find the equivalent fractions for: 14/6.?
How do you find equivalent fractions?
Two frations are equivalent when they have the same value when written in lowest terms. The fraction 28/12 is equal to 7/3 when reduced to lowest terms. To find equivalent fractions, just multiply the numerator and denominator of that reduced fraction (7/3) by any interger number, ie, multiply by 2, 3, 10, 30 ...
- 21/9 is equivalent to 14/6 because 7 x 3 = 21 and 3 x 3 = 9
- 28/12 is equivalent to 14/6 because 7 x 3 = 28 and 3 x 3 = 12
Equivalent fractions may look different, but when you reduce then to the lowest terms you will get the same value. If any fraction is not reduced to lowest terms, you can get other equivalent fractions just dividing both numerator and denominator by the same number.
How to check if two fractions are equivalent?
Just use this Rule:
Two fractions are equivalent if we
1) multiply the numerator of fraction 1 by the denominator of the fraction 2
and get the same value when we
2) multiply the denominator of fraction 1 by the numerator of the fraction 2.
This process is called cross-multiplication.
Here are some examples:
- 7/3 is equivalent to 14/6 because 7 x 6 = 3 x 14 = 42
- 21/9 is equivalent to 14/6 because 21 x 6 = 9 x 14 = 126
- 28/12 is equivalent to 14/6 because 28 x 6 = 12 x 14 = 168