What fraction is equivalent to 11/8
Use this calculator to find equivalent fractions to any given input. You may have reached us looking for answers to questions like: What fraction is equivalent to 11/8 or How to find the equivalent fractions for: 11/8.?
How do you find equivalent fractions?
Two frations are equivalent when they have the same value when written in lowest terms. The fraction 22/16 is equal to 11/8 when reduced to lowest terms. To find equivalent fractions, just multiply the numerator and denominator of that reduced fraction (11/8) by any interger number, ie, multiply by 2, 3, 10, 30 ...
- 22/16 is equivalent to 11/8 because 11 x 2 = 22 and 8 x 2 = 16
- 33/24 is equivalent to 11/8 because 11 x 3 = 33 and 8 x 3 = 24
- 44/32 is equivalent to 11/8 because 11 x 3 = 44 and 8 x 3 = 32
Equivalent fractions may look different, but when you reduce then to the lowest terms you will get the same value. If any fraction is not reduced to lowest terms, you can get other equivalent fractions just dividing both numerator and denominator by the same number.
How to know if two fractions are equivalent?
If you want to check if two fractions are equivalent, you can use this Rule:
Two fractions (a/b and c/d) are equivalent when the product of the numerator (a) of the first fraction and the denominator (d) of the second fraction is equal to the product of the denominator (b) of the first fraction and the numerator (c) of the second fraction.
That is, by cross-multiplying (a/b = c/d) the equality will remain, i.e, a.d = b.c. So, here are some examples:
- 22/16 is equivalent to 11/8 because 22 x 8 = 16 x 11 = 176
- 33/24 is equivalent to 11/8 because 33 x 8 = 24 x 11 = 264
- 44/32 is equivalent to 11/8 because 44 x 8 = 32 x 11 = 352